News & Announcements
Plan for Returning to School
The following plan has been developed to give students and parents an idea of what to expect when we return to school on September 7, 2021. Our guidance is structured to follow the mandates of Governor Edwards. We will update information as it becomes available. New information will be highlighted in yellow.
Current State Mandated Guidelines
Face masks are optional for students and staff.
DWCS contracts with Union Parish for bus services and all required protocols will be followed by DWCS students. According to the governor’s proclamation, masks must be worn on all public transportation.
Current School Guidelines
All students will be on campus 5 days a week. We believe this option is the most effective method. This allows students to have more interaction and dialogue with teachers and other students. This evidence-based data is from the Louisiana Department of Education.
Virtual learning will not be offered for the 2021-2022 school year unless school is closed by Governor Edwards. Distance learning will be offered for students that may become quarantined.
- Students will be podded 6ft apart in order to follow the LDOE’s guidelines for shortened quarantine days.
- Parents will be notified of a positive case in their child’s class if their child was deemed to be within 6 ft. of the infected student for 15 minutes or longer; these students are considered to be close contacts.
- If no symptoms develop during quarantine AND they have a negative antigen or PCR/molecular test collected no earlier than day 5 after their last exposure, they may quarantine for 7 days from last contact with a COVID-19 case.
- If no symptoms develop during quarantine and no testing is done, they may quarantine for 10 days from last contact with a COVID-19 case.
- If quarantine is shortened, daily symptom monitoring and strict adherence to prevention measures including social distancing, handwashing, and especially wearing masks/face coverings should continue until the full 14 days from last contact with a COVID-19 case.
- Close contacts who were previously diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 90 days and remain asymptomatic do not need to quarantine.
- Close contacts who are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose in a single-dose vaccine) at the time of exposure and remain asymptomatic do not need to quarantine.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Enhanced cleaning protocol is being followed allowing for extensive building cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day and in the evenings. Classrooms and shared spaces will be deep cleaned and disinfected daily. Commonly touched items, such as door handles, handrails, sink handles, common tables, surfaces, and elevator buttons will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
DWCS has installed water bottle refilling stations in each hallway.
Breakfast and lunch will be free for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Students will dine in the cafeteria.
9560 Highway 33
Farmerville, LA 71241
Copyright © 2021 D'Arbonne Woods Charter School
No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, political or religious beliefs, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School, except as provided by law.