News & Announcements
First Day of School
- Kindergarten parents are the only parents that will be allowed in the building. Per the school nurse guidelines, parents are required to:
- have temperature checked
- enter the building no more than 10 parents at a time
- Parents must wear a face covering.
- NO SIBLINGS are allowed to accompany parents.
- School will begin at 7:45 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m. Drop-off begins at 7:20 a.m. NO STUDENT may be dropped off before that time.
- School supplies can be brought in backpacks each day until all supplies have arrived at school. (There is no need for students to struggle bringing all supplies on the first day.)
- ALL students will report to homeroom/1st period class upon arrival to school. If a student chooses to eat breakfast at school, he/she will receive a grab-and-go breakfast and eat in their homeroom. Time has been added to the homeroom teacher’s schedule to complete temperature checks per BESE guidelines. This added time will also be used for any additional Covid requirements, announcements, lunch count, money collection, etc.
- High School students will receive their schedules upon arrival to school at bus entrance and car rider entrance. Schedule change requests will take place via a Google form for the first week of school.
- Lockers will be assigned for grades 8-12.
- If students choose to eat school breakfast, he/she will grab and go from the designated area upon arrival and eat in their homeroom/1st period class.
- Lunch count will be taken in Homeroom /1st period. The Food Service Supervisor will collect names of students that will be eating lunch from school cafeteria. The lunches will be prepared, packaged, and easily accessible to ensure all safety guidelines are followed. Those not choosing to eat school lunch may bring a lunch from home.
- Lunch will be eaten in the classroom, until further notice, in order to comply with Governor Edward’s guidelines.
- Union Parish is working tirelessly to be able to ensure our students are able to attend school 5 days a week. It may take a couple of days to figure out bus arrival times. Any questions regarding bus routes, drivers, times, etc will need to be directed to the Union Parish Transportation Department at (318) 368-9715.
- Morning Drop-off- Students will need to remain 6 feet apart to the greatest extent possible.
- Afternoon Pick-up – Students will dismiss to the bus line when the bell rings.
- K-2nd grades will gather in the small playground area by 3rd grade wing to ensure no close contact.
- 3rd-8th grades will gather in the grassy area by the library to ensure no close contact.
- 9th-12th grades will gather under the awning of the bus line ensuring no close contact.
- No students will be allowed on buses who do not normally ride that bus route. The student will be PICKED UP and DROPPED OFF at the same address. Union Parish Transportation Department understands the hardship this brings for many families, but this process is necessary, until further notice, to ensure student safety.
- We are in the process of installing a program that will aid with car line pick-up. This program will work similar to the way a toll tag works. Parents will be given a set of hang tags to place in their vehicles. Additional tags may be purchased, if needed. As parents enter car line in front of school, in the afternoons for pick-up, a scanner will scan the tag and notify teacher via their smart board/device. The student will then be directed to the carline. Due to Covid and Hurricane Laura, there has been a delay in the shipping/installing of the equipment! We will have this up and working VERY soon!
- Morning – Drop off will begin at 7:20 a.m. for ALL car riders (K-12) and they will enter through the gym. High School drivers will park in the high school gravel parking lot. Any high school driver that has a younger sibling/rider with them will need to walk that student into the building. Students must exit the vehicle upon arrival and report straight to 1st period/ Homeroom classes.
- Afternoon – 8th-12th grade car riders will dismiss, when the bell rings, to the elementary cafeteria. K-7 will stay in classrooms until called to the carline. School personnel will be at front of school and notify others as parents arrive on campus. High School drivers will be dismissed to the parking lot and will exit campus immediately.
Switching Classes/Hallway Behavior
- When students are in line in hallways, social distance guidelines will be followed. Students will be reminded to keep hands, feet, and objects to themselves.
- For grades 3-12, solid colored masks will be worn in the hallways during class changes.
- 8th-12th grades will change classes with the bell and there will be NO sharing of lockers.
- For 8th-12th grade students, backpacks will NOT be allowed in classrooms once lockers are assigned.
Virtual learning is new to all of us. Face-to-face learning with state mandated Covid rules and guidelines are new to all of us. We, as a staff, as parents, as neighbors, and as a community will take this ONE lesson at a time, ONE day at a time. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation as we work through this together. Please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher(s) or administration at any time if you have questions or concerns. We are here to help our parents and students navigate this school year with success! We appreciate your support! Go Timberwolves!
9560 Highway 33
Farmerville, LA 71241
Copyright © 2023 D'Arbonne Woods Charter School
No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, political or religious beliefs, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School, except as provided by law.