News & Announcements
Election Day: November 13th
Election day is this Saturday! The Tax Renewal will help DWCS continue its work providing a well-rounded education for the students of this parish!
There are 2,736 students in the parish attending Union Parish Elementary/HS, Downsville Community Charter, and D’Arbonne Woods Charter School. The RENEWAL of this tax will mean continuing to educate the children of our parish and will avoid a $2,415,446 economic impact to education in our parish.
- The 15 mill property tax RENEWAL provides annual an estimated $750,000 to DWCS to pay salaries, benefits, transportation and buildings & maintenance, among other instructional costs.
How will DWCS receive its portion of the taxes collected?
- The Department of Education will calculate DWCS’ portion of the tax collected and send it to the school through our monthly MFP State Funding payment.
- DWCS will share equally on a per student basis the funds generated through the RENEWAL of this tax.
- DWCS, as a type 2 charter school by state law, is not allowed to pass their own tax.
- Provide extra classroom resources for teachers and continue DWCS’ integration of advanced technology into the classroom.
- Help retain and attract the most qualified by increased salaries for teachers and staff.
- Provide additional opportunities for the educational benefit of your student.
- Provide for the future expansion of new school campus to allow for extra resources and growth.
- Continue Phase 2 Construction of our athletic facilities.
- Attract business to Union Parish because of the quality of education and state of the art school facilities.
9560 Highway 33
Farmerville, LA 71241
Copyright © 2024 D'Arbonne Woods Charter School
No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, political or religious beliefs, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School, except as provided by law.